Friday, August 18, 2006

You have to save a baby seal... and make me look like Jesus

From The Washington Post: The wingman delivers the introduction, knowing that his job is to make his buddy look cool. Jentz points to Moniello. "He's been an author." Moniello grins. "I've written a few books." Books, plural? At age 22? "Hey, you only have a couple of minutes to make an impression," Moniello continues. "So if you have to save a baby seal from an oil spill in Alaska, you have to save a baby seal." Jentz picks up: "Sometimes you're a lawyer. You may only have taken one law class, but what the heck? It adds flavor, gets people excited." Moniello says his hometown wingman -- good wingman relationships never die -- is as adept as they come. "If I go to the bathroom, he'll make me look like Jesus. . . . The girl I'm after will say something like 'I hear he's a player' and he'll convince her I'm really in love with her." If the wingman is the least bit interested in the sidekick girl, he'll signal that to his partner-in-crime and include himself in the lie. "You can't assume that every girl with a wingman is ugly," Moniello says. "She may be very attractive. If she is, then me and Jay own all the Ben & Jerry's in the Northeast."




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?